December 30, 2011

clocking in 2012

so, have all of you got the most out of 2011? 2011's about to end! time for new resolutions... or renewing the old ones =P. today's the last working day of 2011. tomorrow will be the last day to enjoy the year before 2012 takes over. and Monday cuti!!!

for ice cream lovers, tomorrow is the last day you'd be able to enjoy 31% off Baskin Robbins ice cream for the year lol.

any of you planning anything special tomorrow night? i hear concerts and events will be aplenty, take your pick. Significant Other is celebrating New Year's studying for his finals, so it'll be just me and this kids this time. i'm not much of a crowd person, i think i'll probably stay in with my kids watching Beauty & the Beast for the trillionth time. i wonder if i should go watch a movie by myself since i don't have anyone to teman me... TGV's complimentary tickets are still burning a hole in my Coach bag =P.

my UK father-in-law left for the UK two days ago. he'll be visiting again in February, about the same time my sister will be coming back to Malaysia for her semester break. she's planning an invasion of USS with her peeps so i think i'll sit that one out (even though she initially invited me to go along =P). bil won't be coming back until April, but only if mil allows him to. since he couldn't return to Malaysia for Christmas, he decided to take a little trip to Amsterdam instead. my other extended family - on his dad's side - is on the way home to Malaysia from Dubai. i'll probably drop by the house tomorrow, Dayana misses her Mak Chu.

i guess i'm blessed to have such a big extended family. true?

i had a hell of a ride this year:

i survived for a whole year in my current company.
decided to embark on the husband's midlife journey to pursue something nobody in their right mind at his age would think of doing.
managed to get our condo rented out after a year of struggling with the renovation works literally and financially - with hopes that they'll renew the contract for another year.
my youngest daughter turned 1, eldest turned 3 in August.
received notice of delivery of vacant possession for my other SOHO right on schedule.
destroyed some plastics.
went crazy over babywearing. made new friends thanks to this craze.
thanks to WA, i secured the best friends i could ever wish for, despite coming from different backgrounds.
i mended old friendships. built new ones.
put myself on a limb... several times (i h8 u red airline).
let old flames go. laughed. cried. laughed and cried summore.
i'm still blogging crap =P.

anything i missed? egad, remind me to ask mil for a Petronas Diary, and also to diligently record every single daily activity for the whole year!

i suppose if things didn't happen the way it did, i wouldn't be who i am today. so in a way the years help me discover myself as a person, help me realize what's important in life. but that doesn't mean every decision that i've made is the right choice =P
and my life chapter doesn't stop here. i've still got lots to write in my book. here's to hope, wishful thinking, and great friends who stand by your side no matter what =)

to my WA friends,

thanks for listening to my sudden outbursts and raves for the past year(even though you don't understand what i'm talking about half the time!). you preggy women are sure bored with your non-preggy friend, who's always complaining about you preggy people talking about preggy-related stuff. wahahahahhahahah.

p/s. my raves haven't ended yet ok.

i'm never one to take up the unknown to my face, but here's to 2012, eh?

1. i will eat more.
2. i will blog more, pray more, love more.
3. ... i also vow not to splurge for the first six months of 2012 *rolling on the floor laughing my arteries out*
4. more hugs and kisses for the kids.
5. put a little more faith in God.
6. learn how to cook by heart - this i stole from Deen's blog, but i seriously need to do this @_@ what a hopeless wife i am
7. save money for that next big family vacay
8. smile more, worry less, frown less.

thanks for keeping my flame alive.

No comments: