November 26, 2009

temp replacement

at least, i hope it's temporary. depending on my mood. all depends on whether i'm going to burn the book to a crisp if i do ever manage to get my hands on it. bwargh.

i am peeved that my missing green notebook hasn't turned up anywhere. i simply can't remember where i put it! it had everything in it - my IOUs, my reminders, things i want to remember... yada yada. Significant Other made me bring it everywhere. and now it's lost. what a lot of help that is. the last i remember having it was when i was waiting for the fire drill to be over so that i could go up to the office. so i sat at one of the benches outside and updated my reminder list while i waited. after a while i got bored i gave up waiting and headed off to tiny tapir. i remember setting the book down for a bit because i wanted to browse CPs, and from there on the notebook totally slipped my mind. until Monday when i realized the book was nowhere to be found - at home, in the office, in the cars. tension.

i'm waiting for tt to come back to me on whether my stupid book got misplaced there... i really hope i did leave it there because apart from tt, i really don't know where i could have thrown it. i forgot what i did on Thursday, Friday was the day i got in the office at 5am, and during the weekend i abandoned everything because it was my birthday weekend... =D. uwaaaaaaaaa... sucks really. i had a really good recipe written in there. geram ok.

i hate virtual organizers, i'm more comfortable with pen and paper, so just now after going to the bank i dropped by Kino to get this. like it or not, i have to start afresh =( (but i'm still hoping my stupid book will turn up, reward to anyone who finds it!!!).

the replacement killer

1) it's small
2) it's tiny
3) i can just dump it into my handbag
4) it's one of the few cheapest ones i could find there haha

my deskmate pointed out that the smaller it is, the higher the chances of it going missing. well, at least i can just throw it into my bag with the hope that it won't simply poof into thin air, without having me to hold it in my hand. being the airhead that i am, the chances of me leaving it on top of an atm machine or on top of a toilet bowl are close to 100%. lol.

this isn't the first time i've misplaced something. some of the things i can still remember going POOF are my first ever crystal bracelet i bought with Sarah in Penang, a vintage necklace my cousin Nedd gave to me for my birthday last time (takkan pencuri curi kot?), my greyish-silver brooch my mom bought for me, Dayana's teether keys, my favorite pair of black workpants i bought at Pyramid, and now this. i should think there are other items i've misplaced, that's how nyanyuk i am.

i guess i should jot down the things i can still recall was written in my green notebook before i forget them altogether. and i should get myself some gingko biloba for the brain. and raisins too.

No comments: