June 4, 2008

week 26 Baby & Life progress

progress in the 26th week:

1. Baby is getting more active now, the timing not as consistent like a few weeks back when it was usually during lunchtime and dinnertime. this also means i'm getting less amount of sound sleep at night, and you can't even get into a comfortable sleeping position anymore. sigh.

2. i get tired easily climbing up a flight of stairs, although i have no trouble going down =P

3. at times the tummy can feel a bit itchy, even scratch unconsciously in my sleep... a big no no 'cause when i wake up, my whole tummy looks a similar shade to a lobster, haiz. a friend suggested wearing baby mittens at night... one for each finger (think Edward mitten-hands! muahahahahah). ointment and Bio Oil becomes a newfound best friend.

4. skin shrivelling up like a snake! the horrors! need to increase water intake... more dependent on the trusty Bio Oil now...

5. can still drive a car (which means i can still reach the steering wheel and the pedals, haha)

6. occasional rib aches, back aches and leg cramps when i sit in my chair like a cinapek at the office (gotta improve on my sitting posture, gwahhh)

7. appetite is still good. sometimes even when i think i'm not hungry, when given food i will wolf down everything as if i haven't eaten in two weeks. hahah.

8. last month Dr mentioned to us the Gender of the baby. but from the reactions i get from people around me, they were like, oooooh, from the shape of your tummy, it looks like a *****! (which is a total opposite from what Dr had told me) and i'm like, really? you think so? and people seem to think that i'm only 3-4 months pregnant -.- now i'm starting to doubt whether the Dr was right or not. another checkup this month should reconfirm, then later i can start on Baby shopping!!! on the safe side, better to get everything in neutral colors (although if it's a girl, i can gets lots and lots of pinkkkkkkkkkk!!!!)

9. am starting to go nuts over Baby stuff. all my colleague's fault. she was telling me Baby stuff was on sale... a department i had never EVER set foot into. now i think i set foot in there every day. it's true what they say. you have no interest in the Baby section until you have one of your own. you can just go crazy over everything from the cute little outfits to the canggih manggih Avent bottle set. i just hope the sales people haven't recognized me yet as 'the crazy shopper who comes every day but ends up buying nothing'.

10. need to get things for 'Mommy' too. and they too are expensive. i'm starting to feel like a penguin now. i really should take a picture of me while i'm preggie. it's not often you see me all roundish in the tummy. haha. my friend said i look like a school kid with a watermelon under my shirt. cheese...

11. i hate my maternity jeans. it keeps on sliding down and i keep hafta pull them back up. i got cheated by the saleslady at Modern Mum!!! come to think of it, i haven't even bought a single maternity outfit for myself save for my two favorite pants i bought at Jusco at a reasonable price, only because i can't fit into my favorite jeans anymore =(. i still wear my empire tops, but i definitely can't fit my kebaya's anymore, waaaaa. i need to get an outfit for a couple of weddings in August. what do pregnant people wear to weddings? my bras don't fit me anymore either, but i bought some extenders to help with that (i am soooo not gonna waste my $$$ on buying new expensive bras okayyy). oh and i bought a pair of Crocs to wear everywhere (even to the office =P).

12. they say pregnant people get more clumsier due to the shift of your centre of gravity, or whatever they call it. like i said, think Penguin. oh, and they suffer from short term memory loss.

13. the past month my colleagues say i have this glow around me. is it because of the Baby - pregnancy glow? or is it because i had just started using my new Bobbi Brown compact foundation and pressed powder? lol. starting to look more rounder in the face too. they say it's a good thing, that i don't look skinnier as before. and to me, that's good. i just hope whatever 'appropriate' parts of my body that fills out, stays filled!

i think that's enough of my rambling for now. i've gotta look into this problem my client is facing at the moment, something about how files are not being distributed downstream. and everything is urgent. what's not urgent in life? so i'll probably tapau lunch in a bit. i have no idea what to tapau except for nasi ayam (comfort food!!!), which i've already tapaued like, a few times in the past week already.

i soooo wish i hadn't been so reckless with my credit card spending during me bachelor years.

No comments: