June 19, 2008

a little more than nuts

i think... the only way i can stop myself from shopping like no tomorrow is to cut up all my credit cards into a plasticy pulp.

sneaked to Sogo one weekend to check out the Baby stuff available there. fell in love with almost everything they had to offer. ended up buying FOUR sleepsuits (they carried one of the Pigeon designs that i really liked in NB size, i was soo ecstatic i got two of the same type but in different colors), THREE day clothes (pink, yellow and green - finally, colors other than the usual WHITE) and a pair of black maternity pants for myself because i was tired of alternating between the grey and brown one (see how stingy i am when it comes to buying maternity clothes for myself, but not on other items? -.-). was pissed of by the saleslady at the maternity section. she practically tailed me everywhere, straightening everything i touched only seconds after i moved away to a different section (i absolutely cannot tolerate these kind of salespeople. i mean, come on, give your shoppers some privacy, please! shouldn't you learn this at sales school or something?) i got so annoyed i whirled around and gave her the most fiercest look i could muster (while cursing her under my breath... i know i must've looked like some deranged shopper, but i can't help it. it's annoying to have someone following you at your heels like you're out to do something wrong when you're obviously not. he-llo, don't you have anything else better to do??) she got the hint - finally! i think my Baby clothes collection is almost complete =P

today i went a little nuts in the shopping department (i say 'little' because i know i can go more nuts than that). a colleague said MNG was on sale, and it was, to my horrors. today my initial agenda was to by a pair of pink floral rompers for the Baby (done! and i bought an adorable red dress too), a necklace for myself from Axxezz (and a pair of earrings, hoho), and a pair of Mary Janes from Nike (the dark blue design i wanted was last year's, so they were out. this year's design is orange. wth??). fullstop. however, i managed to buy TWO cardigans from MNG, one red and one pink, which obviously wasn't on my initial shopping list. aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrggghhh!!! they were on sale, how was i supposed to stop myself? God someone please take a knife and stab me (but spare the Baby please =P). is there such thing as a shopaholics rehab or something?

my other agenda is to go find something suitable to wear for weddings that i would be attending this August. i'd be a comfirmed fullfeldged 'Penguin' by then and i certainly wouldn't be able to fit into any of my baju kurungs (and kebayas were already out of the picture quite a loooong time ago, hahaha) so i was thinking of going to look for something to wear at Jalan TAR. i think i might put this on hold until next month. totally broke at the moment. seems like the country's price increase effect is really starting to get to me. sigh.

i'm now selling off some of my stuff on eBay. anyone interested in browsing through can drop by my fotopages.

on another note, it is week 28 now and Baby is now 1129g. really need to eat more. ganbatte!

No comments: