one night Significant Other bugged me to make him maggi goreng. my maggi goreng would be the Indomie brand, but he doesn't like that one. he prefers the mamak style maggi goreng.
so after consulting with Mister Gugel i came across this recipe from this blog. i'm posting this here so that i can refer back to it later on.
1 packet of curry-flavored Maggi Mee
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, minced
3 cili padi
1 egg, beaten
3-4 stalks sawi, chopped
3 pre-fried tofu puffs, sliced (this i didn't have when i tried this out)
1 packet of curry sachet (included with the noodles)
1 heaping teaspoon thick soy sauce
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
1-2 tablespoon chilli paste (i had no idea what this is, so i omitted this)
3 tablespoons water, to blend
1. Boil the noodles, blance in cold water, set aside.
2. Mix together all the ingredients for the seasoning sauce into a bowl.
3. Pour oil into pan and toss in the garlic and chillis. Stir-fry for a few seconds.
4. Add in the seasoning sauce.
5. Throw in the sawi and stir-fry for a minute, adding more water if you deem necessary.
6. Add in the noodles. Thoroughly fold in the noodles until coated with the dark seasoning sauce.
7. Add in the tofu puffs (again, i didn't have this lying around my fridge at the time)
8. Make a well in the center of the pan and pour in the beaten egg. Leave it to sizzle for 1 minute or so.
9. The egg should be a little charred on the botton. Scrape and mix the egg with the noodles.
10. Serve on a plate. You can add a bullseye to the dish like i did (egg-overload, i know) or garnish it with calamansi lime (i forgot what you call it in Malay).
i didn't take any photo of my masterpiece, mainly because Significant Other polished it off before i could even try it myself -_____-