i owed Lan a visit! i still remember him pestering me to come to Sabah for a visit since the dark ages. who would've thunk it'd be now? =P~ so i left the hotel at 8am to have breakfast with him, Mahani and the kiddos. Mahani's sis was visiting all the way from Sarawak. they took me to this Taliban restaurant at Inaman, it was soo good i actually ordered two roti naan butter (and i don't even like roti haha).
with lan & family
then Mahani temanned me pergi the Filipino market just opposite my hotel to get a few things. didn't buy souvenirs though. just bought some dried stuff at the ikan kering market. tu pun didn't really know what to buy. lol. my mom pesan sayur manis, but i couldn't find any. Auntie Kar said i should've told her earlier, boleh suruh Uncle tolong bawa balik from kampung, lol. didn't even cross my mind. hehe. first time i heard of kuih amplang and kuih cincin.
had air kelapa at the stalls before sending Mahani back. can't believe i had to add air gula to mine baru sedap, hahahah. checked-in for our flight online at their place before heading back to the hotel.
air kelapa =D
anak angkat baru
luckily we had the option for a late checkout. i really wish Significant Other had bought our return tickets for a Monday flight. we didn't have time to drop by Auntie's house, didn't even have time to drive up to the foot of Mount KK! oh well... maybe next visit? =D. after plundering the hotel room and checking out, we went to Little Italy's for a quick lunch before driving ourselves to the airport, returned our rental (Lan, thanks so much ya for your help!) and checked in our bags.
small cozy italian restaurant we chanced upon
Auntie and Uncle happened to be there at the airport, Uncle just flew in from somewhere so they waited with us until we boarded the 5.30pm flight. Auntie was so nice to give me a little souvenir from KK =).
we were unfortunate that our seats didn't align properly with the plane windows, so we kinda missed the sunset view =(. does anyone have an idea on how to choose the perfect window seat so that this doesn't happen next time? haha. anyway, this time our flight was a direct back to KL, so we arrived right on schedule, where my brother was there to pick us up.
our flight food... fish & chicken... along with the infamous airplane orange juice =P
so... that's the end of my impulse long weekend getaway. can't wait to do it again next time. just wish the kids had come along. photos to follow, i think they're still in raw format.
oh before i forget, this was what i did in order to bring back my EBM, lol.
- kept the ice packs in the ice section of the fridge, where they actually freezed, haha
- pumped and stored every 6oz into 12oz liners
- chucked them into the hotel fridge
- Significant Other kept the whole room freezing by lowering the room temp T_T
- accumulated a bunch of EBM throughout the trip (although not as much as a die-hard pumping mama i should think)
- right before checkout, took out all the EBM and ice packs and sumbat them into my mini Coleman box (i didn't purposely buy a new one for this trip, i already have a cooler box, only it's a small one)
- huargh susah gila nk sumbat everything into the box, the bottles already took up too much space, so thank God for the liners, lol
- put an MLO icepack on the top of the liners before closing the box
- prayed it stayed cool until we landed
it did. so OK la. hehe.