1. she started solids the first day she turned 6 months old, on February 28. started her on baby rice, then apples, peas, bananas, sweet potato, avocado, carrots, and mangoes. a bit akward during the initial phase, but gradually beginning to enjoy mealtime each time she sees her spoon =D. gave her a bit of rusk and managed to 'chomodify' herself with it. lol. milk intake is decreasing, which means milk production is also decreasing =(
the art of food
2. sometimes would make a grab for the spoon - konon she mau feed herself. what she does most of the time is often to stick the spoon far too deep down her throat until she chokes.
feeding herself? =P
3. makes that 'pbbbbbbt' sound with her tongue more often now whenever she feels like it.
4. sometimes all that it takes to get her to nap is for her to grasp an object, for instance your pants (if she's lying next to you), a scrunchie or even her chewy, and that will be just enough for her to fall asleep on her own. although sometimes you might want to jiggle her around abit and sing to her, unless she screams in protest. hehe.
5. is more distracted during feeding time. it's impossible for me to breasfeed for 5 seconds until she breaks away to see where a sound came from, or to look around to see what's going on. so kepochi ini minah. haiz.
6. still no sign of teeth. or no indication of any as of today.
7. turns more frequently now, sometimes even at her own accord. although not an olympic champion yet. is more willing to do so and try to grab nearby objects placed strategically around her.
8. i tried teaching her the 'no more' sign. she stares attentively at my hand while i demonstrate it to her, and secretly tries to do it herself when she thinks no one's watching. my mom tried to teach her to open and close her fingers like you do when you sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. she finds immitating my mom a bit easier, and she does this more often too.
9. is bored of her toys. went to Nedd's house the other day and found those race cars you can buy from Shell petrol stations more fascinating.
10. gets excited whenever Little Einsteins theme song is playing on TV. also recognizes a few other shows on PHDC as well =D. must restrict her TV time when she's older.
watching her favorite show
11. puts everything into her mouth, tak kira lah. she especially loves plastic. i think it's because they make that crinkly noise.
12. she still loves to bounce on her feet each time you hold her up.
13. when she finds someting amusing, she'll laugh. i remember reading to her the other day and each time she tried to touch the Snake's tongue, i'd go 'bzzzzzzz'. she found it hilarious.
14. she loves grabbing on to people's long hair. hehe. her own hair oso dah panjang. i now use a comb to attack the tiny tangles in her hair.
15. acknowledges people she recognize with a sound that sounds similar to 'hye' =P
16. is more tolerable to strangers. tapi ikut her mood.
17. already retired all of her tiny baby clothes. Nedd found it amusing that Dayana is still able to fit 0-3 months outfits even at 7 months. lol.
18. her poop is more smellier! *pengsan tidak ketawa*
19. when we brought her to the Doctor for her sixth-month jab, Dayana took one look at the Doctor and burst out crying - she can already associate painful jabs with the Doctor's face? haha. she's 6kg now at 7 months old, and increase of 500g from the previous month. yay!
well, that's a long list. bits and pieces of what i can remember. i hope i'll be able to record her progress more accurately for her 7th month =)