i bought breadcrumbs at Cold Storage for rm4. just sayin'. i just wish Tesco carried asparagus (updated: dan2 after i wrote this, i found asparagus in Tesco. chee~!).
so on Sunday while debating between taking the kids for brunch at Double A Cafe and making my own lunch, i decided on the latter - jimat duit konon. (also, because the former didn't accept credit, haha).
|dip dip dip!|
Spinach Dip Chicken Bombs
Olive Oil (to fry)
Salt + Pepper
220g Cream Cheese
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Cayenne (added for that extra taste)
1. Heat olive oil. Add spinach, season liberally with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until spinach is wilted, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Combine the cooked spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella, garlic powder and cayenne, and stir to combine.
3. Slice chicken breasts half crosswise. Cut a slit into the center of each half to make a pocket. Take a heaping spoonful of the spinach dip and stuff it into the pocket. Pinch the edges of the chicken closed.
4. Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into separate bowls. Roll the chicken into the flour, then the eggs, and finally dredge in breadcrumbs, making sure to coat all sides evenly. Repeat to bread the remaining chicken.
5. Heat oil and fry chicken until the breadcrumbs are golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side.
made strawberry milkshake as well, everyone in the house seems to like it. to me it's simply less-sweeter from the McDonald's version (which is manis nak matiiii). i used to make this a lot after we got back from our Cameron Highlands trip, no surprise lol. i froze the strawberries in order to lengthen their life (thanks Aida for the tip!). also thanks to my ohsem Tefal BlendForce Maxi blender, i'm able to blend ICE haha.
i call this unhealthy because the ingredients involve: strawberries, ice cream, susu pekat, full cream milk, yogurt, ice and chia seeds (ahahahhahah to negate all the other ingredients konon LOL LOL)
|unhealthy strawberry milkshake|
made something else for Significant Other by simply throwing everything into the Happy Call, and added seasoning where appropriate. to soften the the potatoes and carrots, i boiled them in advance.
hmmm... sedap la pulak. i think the vege on the side tastes nicer because they absorb juice from the steak.
|Mr. Pilot's lunch|
i dunno about you, but i'm liking this chicken thingy. even my two elder kids managed to finish one piece each, and that's saying something (especially when there's vegetables involved). can't say much for Sophia, though. she'd be the most sibuks one to grab a piece, then go YUCK (Snoopy-style) when it enters her mouth *rolls eyes*.
see my biggest fan? she took the biggest chicken piece of them all and finished it all by herself =D *proud mommy*
|my happy eater|