November 19, 2008

my long MC holiday

i'm sick!

i haven't been sick in a long while. in fact, i can't recall the last time i took an MC. i don't remember feeling this lousy during my pregnancy days either. come to think of it, did i even fall this sick while i was carrying Dayana? i can't really remember =P

there's a flu roaming about, and unfortunately i caught the bug from Significant Other. crap! it started out with a mild sore throat, followed by the sniffles, then the occasional headache and finally the much awaited fever. Significant Other had already caught the sniffles during the weekend. you should've seen the number of tissues he used up, the wastebasket was full to the brim of yucky tissues. i caught it from him a couple of days later. luckily Dayana hasn't caught the bug yet. she's over at my mom's this week.

i woke up on Monday with a really bad sore throat and a slight case of the sniffles. so i got an MC for one day, with hopes that i could rest and get better. the next day however i felt a bit feverish. but i was stubborn and insisted on getting ready to work. i ended up taking a detour to the clinic in Subang and the Dr. happily informed me that i had a fever, so he gave me 2 days MC! whee~ Significant Other sungguh jeles =P. the one thing i found amusing during this visit to the Dr. was that he told me that i shouldn't wash my hair. i was a bit blur at his statement so i asked him why. he said that it would make my condition worse. oh well. he's the Dr. so whatever he says goes i should think. haha. back home, i slept most of the day, and by evening i felt a bit better. hopefully i'll be on my feet and up and about tomorrow. my whole body feels achey all over. wonder if it's the effect from all the medicine i took. blergh.

since i'm pumping milk to give my daughter directly instead of freezing them i don't really bother to jot down the actual time, but here's a rough estimate of what i got on Tuesday, sick and all:
8.15am = 6oz
11.30am = 5oz
2.30pm = 4.5oz
6.45pm = 4.5oz
10.45pm = 3oz

i'm trying to get myself in a fixed pumping routine since Dayana isn't around. i read stories on how some mother's milk dry up after a while, as well as other horror stories that make me worry about my own milk production. should i upgrade my breastpump? =P. i am sooo jealous of the moms that manage to get more than 8oz during a single pumping session. huwaaa...

No comments: