November 10, 2008

first day back

schmiley schmiley! =D

today is my first day back at work. already i miss her =P

this morning initially wanted to wake up earlier than usual, however i ended up snoozing until 7am =P. after my morning pumping session, got myself ready and packed up Dayana's stuff and milk stock (roughly almost 30oz) and whisked Dayana off to my mom's at the other side of town. i was thinking of leaving Dayana with my mom for the whole week. mil would probably be busy since fil is around, and my mom doesn't mind anyway. the only thing troubling me is how to send over her milk. for the past 2 months (minus the first week of her birth) she's been purely on breastmilk, so without her around will need to stock up for her, and since i've started work today, that means i need to start pumping sessions at the office. it doesn't help that there isn't a suitable room at the office to do so (and i is a shy person so open public places like the surau is absolutely out for me) so i currently have to make do with the spacious handicapped toilet. never mind that my manual pump squeaks with each press *squeak squeak squeak squeak*. so... imagine how much noise my electric pump would make in there! isn't there a noise-free pump out there that i can use with ease without worrying about the reaction of people if they hear the squeaks?

after dropping off Dayana this morning, i reached KL at 10am, thanks to the SMART tunnel. however i received the shock of my life after noticing a sign that says 'Parking after 7pm RM10 per entry'. imagine how much i would have to pay when i go back later if i entered the parking lot 5 minutes to 10am? kl parkings are getting so expensive these days. even klcc season parking has increased. sigh. i need to scout for another parking place later. either that or i brave the lrt to work. ktm is definitely my last resort!

some of my friends in office kept saying i look the same, as if i never gave birth in the first place and hadn't gain a single amount of weight. i beg to differ. from just one look at me it seems as if i didn't even put on any weight. if that's the case, how come i had trouble looking for an outfit to wear to office that could fit this morning? =P. my fren wondered why is it that she wasn't the one that gave birth yet i'm still smaller than her? lol. it's in the genes i guess. Dayana is small yet looks like she has the potential to grow up to become tall. hehe.

i splurged on lunch today with Eiwa and Sarah. after reading iza's blog on food, i had the sudden craving to have lunch at Dome. i can't remember the last time i had lunch there, so we did. and we gossiped. hadn't done that in ages =D yay! thanks lovelies! next time we'll go for Nando's next, okay?

went to Pyramid last Saturday. as usual Dayana didn't like to be strapped up in her car seat so i had to carry her around while we rounded the whole shopping complex. her pram became a place to stash all our shopping items =P. i only realized that there are baby rooms at Pyramid! so convenient! yet i have yet to breastfeed in public even though i already bought a nursing cover. shy shy lah! Significant Other bought a home theatre system. and we chanced upon a food stall that sells Garlic & Cheese flavored corn in a cup. i loike! there are other weird flavors too other than the conventional flavor. next time will definitely drop by and check it out again =D. i didn't do any shopping though. lugging a baby around will definitely dampen your shopping spirit if you're afraid baby will start to scream her lungs out. luckily that didn't happen to me that day. in reality i didn't have time to go the stores that i would normally set foot in =P. oh and i met my colleague that day too, who was just from the office. work on a weekend??? *faint*. thanks to mil, i know that the current pound sterling to ringgit malaysia is now at a rate of 5.6. my God, it's dropping like no tomorrow.

after Pyramid we went to the burger stall i was raving about in my previous post (it was open, yay!) and later went to get some DVDs in Damansara. Significant Other is broke because of this!

yesterday it took so long for me to put Dayana to sleep that i got sleepy myself so as a last resort i simply put her in her crib, turned on her mobile and went off to land on the bed myself. to my surprise, she fell asleep at her own accord. however i think that was a one-time thing. let's hope when she's older she'll be able to fall asleep on her own.

Dayana smiles more now! i loike xoxoxo.

1 comment:

Ummi to Hamzah said...

dayana reminds me of u when she smiles :)