January 7, 2009

my lightbulb story

earlier today i had lunch with my colleague Karen at O'Briens. then i dragged her to Cold Storage because i wanted to buy a lightbulb (to hold over my head whenever i get a good idea. you know, like in the comics? hahahah, i'm kidding). the dim lamp that i use at night in my daughter's room suddenly decided to blow a fuse, so i brought it along with me during lunch with the intention of hunting for it afterwards. Karen laughed at me for simply holding it instead of chucking it in a plastic bag or paper bag or whatsoever =P.

anyway, i didn't even know Cold Storage carried light bulbs, but apparently they did, and they even had this electric board where to get to test your lightbulb to see if it's functioning or not. so i just grabbed the cheapest Phillips lightbulb that had the closest similarity to my own. i didn't even think of doing it, but Karen suggested trying it out first to see if it works. so we screwed it in and pressed a blue button on the board and presto! it lights up (duh). then i had this stupid idea to stick my own lightbulb in to see if it works or not. i wanted to know if it was the bulb problem or the lamp problem. so i did... and when i pressed the button, it lighted up for a second before emitting this loud crackly noise, sorta like a mini explosion. luckily we didn't scream out loud. we left the area hurriedly, leaving the discriminating evidence behind still screwed in the electric board. Karen looked around to see if there were any security cameras or not. luckily the whole Cold Storage didn't decide to black out. if not lagi teruk, we'd be screwed literally, hahahahah.

so i left Cold Storage with only one lightbulb. next we went to Guardian. i wanted to look for Pureen H.A.D. (semangat nak wash my CDs - that's a different story) and Karen wanted to promote me this hair serum because ever since i cut my hair, my hair became sorta kembang-y. i don't have time to straighten my hair, so i'm just living with what i have on my head for now =P. she mentioned that one of the shampoos made her hair really shiny and smooth, but her scalp got a bit dry because of the shampoo. without thinking i just said that she'd have to choose between having nice hair or a nice scalp. if she chose nice scalp, it would be fine because if for some reason her hair decide to fall out, she'd still have a nice shiny bald head to look at. HAHAHAHAHAHA (Karen, don't get mad ya. i always have a good laugh with you =P).

No comments: