January 11, 2009

first CD review

this morning Dayana woke up really early and refused to go back to sleep... all because she wanted to poop. T_T so after cleaning her up and failing to get her back to dreamland i decided to jot down my review on my cloth diapers trial run, with her in my lap as i type this entry.

up until now i have tried 3 different brands of cloth diapers. and here's a basic conclusion of trying them for the first time:

Bum Genius 3.0 in Zinnia, Onesize
type: pocket; insert used: BG newborn


when i first received it in the mail, i thought it looked rather big to be put on my baby. i got two, one in Zinnia (Significant Other's choice of color), the other in Clementine (my choice!). after a late afternoon bath (i was busy waiting for post to arrive and i didn't want to miss the doorbell) i put Dayana in the Zinnia diaper stuffed with the BG newborn insert that came with the diaper. after securing the velcro tabs, i found the fitting to be quite good. it looked too cute for words on her that i sayang to hide the diaper underneath her clothes so i just put a blouse on for her (we were not going anywhere anyway). it lasted throughout her nap time, and i only had to change her when she pooped. no leaks for me.
verdict at first run: i wouldn't mind getting a few more of this brand of diaper. the fitting is just nice since my daughter is still really tiny for 4 months (i can understand when some mommies say BG might not be too comfy for chunky kids, despite being onesize). it comes in a limited number of solid colors though. i think if they start to have them in prints, i'd be the first one to got crazyyyy.

Green Acre Design in White PUL and Pink Microfleece, Small
type: pocket; insert used: GAD onesize


i'm glad i decided to get only one of this brand for first try. when i first received this little pocket in the mail, i found it to be really tinyyy. i wondered if it could even fit my daughter or not. i had added on the GAD onesize insert to my purchase, which i found it to be big and a bit difficult to stuff inside the small size diaper. i didn't have a clue about these inserts so i hentam saja when i chose the inserts. when i saw the actual size with my own eyes only i understoond, it was no wonder Grace laughed at me when i told her i bought them onesize inserts for my 4mo =P. konon if you buy onesize inserts it'll last you as your baby grows. for my daughter's size i think small microfibre inserts would best. i've already ordered some to try, they'll arrive Monday. anyway once i snapped it on my daughter, it seemed to fit just as Huggies Ultra did, fit and trim, which got me to worry about leaking problems (i never did like Huggies Ultra. i find it ultra susah for me). the diaper was at the last snap settings, with the rise below the belly, which i find it a bit too low for my liking. it also made me wonder if the sizing was correct. but with the big insert stuffed inside, it seemed a bit bulky on my daughter. and again, she pooped in this diaper *sigh*. as i expected, it leaked while she was busy making poopie faces (Significant Other was holding her at the time, hahahahahah).
verdict at first run: probably the too bulky stuffing made it leak? i dunno. at first try, i didn't really fancy the diaper that much. i think i'll try this one one again, but with a different type of insert to see if i'm able to change my mind. the only thing i like so far about this diaper is because they come in a variety of colors, which made me feel as if i wanted to get each and every one of them, lol. and for a snap diaper it's really easy to put on a baby, it makes the diaper look really nice and trim too.

My Precious Baby by April velour fitted in Blue Aqua, Small
type: fitted; insert: soaker included with diaper
i bought this one because Farrah had been ranting on how nice this brand of fitted diaper was, and especially since they come in such lovely colors. and omg, i loove the material. so soft and niceeee it made me feel so sayang to let my daughter wear it. decided to try it for night time diapering. i paired it with a Bummis Super Brite in Pink diaper cover. i wasn't unsure how absorbent the fitted was and i didn't want to take any chances of leaking, despite reading that fitted could be worn on its own to allow the baby's bum to breathe. i was going to put her to bed anyway. chanced upon Tiny Tapir's collection and just had to grab one (or two) for me to try. it fit on my daughter nicely, and another too cute for words diaper =P. i got it in blue because i seemed to have my pink baby items. i wish to get another one of this but in rose pink, but during my impulsive buys, i had managed to own 5 fitted diapers *smacks forehead*. again, i had to change her at 6am because she pooped. when i removed the diaper, i was amazed to find that the whole body of the diaper was damp. and not icky smelling either (minus the poop la).
verdict at first run: i heart! MPB brand is absolutely lovely, what with the soft velour material and the lovely colors that they come in. sometimes the soaker that comes with it will have a really nice funky pattern (this one didn't). however, i don't really know how to coordinate extra inserts for this type of diaper. and you need to get a diaper cover in order for it to function properly. i can go crazy over MPB =D. (no pics of her wearing this because i didn't have the time to take one, as we had friends over at the time).

i just realized that Dayana has successfully managed to poop in all three of her cloth diapers. sheesh. i haven't gone through the washing process yet. i wanna wait until the end of today before chucking them into the washing machine. since i don't have a proper place to store them dirty CDs, i'm soaking them in a pail for now. the messy part of CDs is to handle them when they've been soiled and when you need to juggle the messy diaper and a wriggling baby (apparently my daughter's been generously giving me practice runs. haha). my mil says lampin should be much easier to clean than my CDs. we'll see.

that's my review for now =P. today i'm gonna try the BG in Clementine and Happy Heiny's Print Diaper today. i should probably try my Drybees as well. at first look, the sizing seems to be a bit big for my baby. but looks can be deceiving. and i have yet to try my Blueberry Minky. maybe next weekend. at this rate, i might just be CDing on weekends, lol.

updated: didn't have the chance to try the BG in Clementine and Happy Heiny's yet because we went to my parent's place early to celebrate my Mom's birthday as my sister needed to be back to Seremban before 7p.m. and from observations and such i came to a conclusion that both moms will not favor cloth diaper that much. so that means i have more than enough CDs to be a weekend CD-mom =D.

1 comment:

farrahar said...

wow great review from a 1st timer!

ya, i agree that u should give the GAD another chance, this time with the right size of insert. GAD is a much loved CD by so many mamas. it's tiny because it's trim. u will notice that it is also very stretchy, which is why it looks tiny. my son is still using m size GAD.

and i like GAD as my son's swim diaper :)