September 5, 2010

and along came another D

i was going through past entries in my blog to get ideas on how to start this post when i came across a statement i wrote 2 years ago on how i just realized i owned too many shoes (pre-baby). i've stopped hoarding shoes ever since, but 2 years later i seem to move on to hoarding something else. lol!

been meaning to type this entry but each time i try to start the eldest will come seeking attention (she's attention-deprived these days, can't blame her, being cooped up all day with me with nothing interesting to do). sometimes she really tries my patience just to see how i would react, but so far scolding her doesn't seem to have any effect on her -.- and i don't even know whether i got the message across to her that what she's doing is wrong (like purposely selerak the room and not bothering to clean up the mess, or purposely trampling on her toys, or purposely spraying droplets of milk all over the room and end attracting the Mut committee, etc.).

er... brb... it's almost time for Significant Other to break fast T_T.

ok so where was i. oh yeah. at the point of reaching 38 weeks, i was tired of walking about and tired of working and was already hoping that i wouldn't reach my EDD (which was September 6 btw) and deliver earlier instead =P. on his part, Significant Other was hoping for another Merdeka baby, haha. some people say that the second child will be delivered about the same time as the first child, or abit earlier. i asked around but based on their experience it didn't seem that this theory could be used, cheese. another Merdeka baby would be nice. it'd be easier to celebrate birthdays =P.

25th August

- 5.30pm
i had just completed an assignment due that day, so i was pretty relieved i didn't have to walk on eggshells anymore. i remember telling my colleague as i was leaving the office for the day that i felt totally fine, no indications whatsoever that i'd be delivering anytime soon. even told her that i had a gynae appointment scheduled the next day after 2 weeks of procrastinating my visit and had planned to take mc for the 26th.

since my due date falls sometime in the middle of the puasa month, which definitely makes me immobile for Aidilfitri, my parents took the opportunity to balik kampung for a few days since i wanted to invade their place for confinement. mil was still overseas so it was just us and the maid at our place. i highly doubted Significant Other had the skills similar to a confinement lady.

26th August

- 1.30am
couldn't sleep. Significant Other was already snoring on the bed so i decided to buka kedai and bercucuk tanam on FB =P. and since i was still up at this hour i was starting to get hungry so i went down to eat yesterday's dinner. - 3.30am still awake, but this time with a tummy ache so spent a bit of time in the loo. it was about this hour that i received a text from Aritha asking me if i still had any of those Eumora bars left, lol.

- 4.30am
woke up Significant Other for sahur. at this time i was already starting to get cramps, but because they were mild and still far in-between i didn't bother thinking about them. i'm kind of pain-resistant, if you must know. i'm weird that way. haha.

- 6.00am
tried to go back to sleep, but mission failed.

- 7.00am
since my Gynae appointment was at 9am, decided to drag myself out of bed and get ready. siap basuh baju sambil mandi ok. i think it was around 8am~ish that the cramps really started to bother me. woke up Significant Other so while he got ready i finished packing my hospital bag, referring to the list that i had just completed a day before (boy was i glad i had that checklist, i couldn't think straight by then). i was already yelling at Significant Other to hurry it up, he was taking his own sweet time in the bathroom and by that time i felt like the baby was going to pop out on its own anytime now. Dayana found it hilarious at the sight of me running around the room while coping with contractions T_T.

heck i even had time to pm a tbw mama to ask her to hold something for me before leaving for the hospital (harhar). gathered my things, left Dayana with the maid, and headed to the hospital, which was only 5-7 minutes away (luckily. imagine if it was further away, mau nangis i).

- 9.05am
headed straight to the labor room. at one point i even contemplated going for my appointment instead of jumping straight into the fire, haha. in my mind i was sooo not ready to give birth, i was silently hoping it was a false alarm and would be sent home (you know, like in the movies haha, buat suspen je lebih). but in my case, my Gynae popped in out of nowhere like she did the last time i delivered Dayana, took one look at me and told the nurses to prep me for labor.


i can still remember the giant clock hanging on the opposite wall. ok so at this point i was trying to cope with pushing + breathing + dealing with contractions + inhaling gas + listening to what the gynae and nurses were trying to tell me to actually describe detail per detail on the whole birthing process (and also i was actually half way done with writing this entry when blogspot decided to buat hal and my draft poofed into thin air, grrrr). one hand was holding the gas mask while the other was clenching Significant Other's hand. haha.

i don't remember how many pushes i took to get her out, i just remembered that this time around i leveraged on breathing like nobody's business to divert my attention away from the pain. kekeke. which worked. and just like before, i still couldn't figure out how the gas actually helped to lessen the pain. some people say too much gas intake can make you woozy. i just didn't feel any difference. i do remember my gynae's advise as to not waste my energy on screaming and instead focus on the breathing + pushing. hehe.

my friend Dina says i pop babies like a natural. i don't think so. it only seems that way from how i keep procrastinating to go to the hospital late. so no time to demand for any form of painkiller whatsoever except for the laughing gas. hahahahaha.

- 9.35am
my second daughter was born. super kewl, huh? 30-minute record from the time i arrived at the hospital, haha. they placed her on me and allowed me to bond with her for abit (longer than the time i had with Dayana in fact) before taking her away to be cleaned up. and so during this time the gynae tended to me - the placenta delivery, the stitching, the cleaning up, the norm.

until now i don't understand why they use those loop pads. it's not like they end up sucking much blood, vampires can do that much more effectively, kaka. it's too floopy and it never stays in place. hahaha. i still have the pads from when Dayana was born even, jeergh.

after they were done with me, in came the baby all cleaned up for some bonding moment. lol. tried to initiate breastfeeding. she latched on more efficiently than Dayana did last time :). eksaited. i now have a new squishy!!! (a new wrapee!!! ohhhh my pp won't be safe -.-).

this time around my gynae didn't pop my water bag, she says it was already broken by the time i arrived at the labor room. don't ask me how come i didn't notice, because i seriously didn't. hahahaha. i was fine until that very moment the contractions decided to attack. i would've expected that this would also be an assisted delivery, like with Dayana last time, but this time round the delivery was perfectly normal (to my surprise) only with a little tear, which i so dislike.

best part is, my family wasn't around since they were all in Terengganu. Significant Other's mom's side were still in UK (she didn't get back til a few days later) so only his dad's side of the family were around to visit. we initially wanted to take one of the smaller single-bed rooms, but oddly enough despite the hospital wing looking 'deserted' they assured us that all of those rooms were fully booked, except for the higher end ones.

hmmm. conspiracy.

so we ended up taking one of the lovely individualized suites. guess which one Significant Other chose? =P ironic really. big sized and dolled up but got nobody to visit. i wouldn't have minded a small room, i wouldn't even have time to appreciate it anyway :P

i spent the earlier part of the morning resting while Significant Other went back home to pick up Dayana. this time around, i felt more semangat to get up and head to the bathroom for a refreshing shower as opposed to the last time i gave birth. to heck with the stitches and bodyaches! lol.

the first visitor was Fahmi, which was really a pleasant surprise, he was auditing around the area so he dropped by around lunch time. the other visitor was my colleague Selina :). my last visitor right before i was discharged the next day was Fazie and her kids. i really appreciated their visit! really made my stay enjoyable :D

i could go on and on, but i think that's it for now. after all, this is supposed to be an entry on my second-born :)

meet my second Angel, Dinara Nur Amani.
date August 26th, time 0938 hours. weight 2.35 kg. length 49cm.
her name carries the meaning 'kekayaan and cahaya ketenangan' (wealth & aspirations in English)

to date, only two people has figured out the real inspiration behind the name, lol (and no, it doesn't have anything to do with crushes/acquaintances/ex-girlfriends or what not, nothankuverymuch).

No comments: