May 9, 2009

team bowling at MV

yesterday the development and support team decided to hold a team building session - a friendly bowling tounament - at Cosmic Bowl, MV. we initially wanted to have it at Times Square, but due to the low number of people attending, they couldn't prebook the lanes early so the next choice was MV.

there were seven teams (i think, based on the list provided in the email hahah), each team consisting of developers and testers, except for the clueless ones who were then randomly put into groups. due to the low number of people, they extended the invite to some others outside from our team. i was put into the same group with Yani, Bala and Deb. to unify ourselves, we had our own black and blue theme going on. we just couldn't find Devil horns to wear. haha.

i just have to story about the most stupid incident that happened that day: i thought i had misplaced my car keys! me, Yani and Hema were all set to depart for MV when halfway down the tower i remembered to check for my keys. i couldn't find it. haha. you should've seen me, hauling my laptop bag, my diaper bag (in which i carry my pumping gear), a paper bag full of my sister's Kinokuniya books and my brother's Mother's Day present. huargh. i was so disoriented! i emptied out each pocket of my bags, combed the office twice, even checked the toilets, but still not car keys. we met Pooi San on her way down and even she offered to check my stuff. imagine, four people actually went through my stuff and yet no key. haiz.

the last i remembered having the key on me was before going throught the tower scanners, so we went down to ask the Pak Guard down there if i had accidentally left my keys at the scanner area, but with no luck. the other best thing about all this is that i have a spare car key in my room, but my room is locked and the keys are in the car, which is locked (duh). and the spare key for my room is also in my locked room and the other spare key for my room is with my mil and she's happily in UK somewhere. hahahahah. in my mind i was already thinking about which door should i break into - my car or my room, haha - and even contemplated climbing up my room balcony to see if i could miraculously unlock the balcony door from the outside (hah! fat chance).

we finally resorted to go to MV via the lrt. you could not imagine how disheartened i was, busy thinking of how i should collect my car later since the carpark closed at midnight. my friends jokingly said i could let off steam at the bowling alley by furiously chucking the bowling ball down the lane. hahaha (it doesn't work for me. the ball will always end up in the gutter). anyway, we were halfway to the lrt and i was on the phone ranting to my dad that i'd misplaced my car keys when i realized there was one more place that i didn't look - a small side zippered compartment of my bag that was partially hidden it was so bloody easy to be overlooked. like a fool i unzipped it and TADA, it was there.

geramnyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!! *$#&#(*$&*@^#&*@

i wasted one hour running up and down looking for the keys ok. omg am i nyanyuk or what? sigh.

i was lucky Hema and Yani didn't kick my ass for taking up so much of their time just to look for my lost key =P. we immediately backtracked and headed for my car instead. yay! we got stuck in Bangsar traffic but we took a shortcut through Hema's condo and managed to bypass the traffic by half. we were supposed to be at the bowling alley by 7pm so on the way there we were wondering why hasn't anyone messaged us to ask us where we were. were we really nobodies? *sob sob* =P~~

we arrived there at almost 8.30pm. when we arrived we found everyone busy wolfing down dinner and mingling about and practically no bowling activity had even commenced, hence the reason why we weren't even missed. cheese! time melayu sungguh. by this time i was hungryyyyy with all that running around so i belasah jerk whatever that was there, nasi goreng and kari ayam. nyum nyum. James added KFC because someone complained the food was not enough. but in the end there was an abundance of food pulak. oh, but i ate all the wedges. shhhhhh.

with my teammates Deb and Bala

we played two sets. there were prizes for the Highest Scorer for Female and Male bowler, as well as First and Runner Up for group standings. i wasn't much of a bowler, so i was kind of rusty. i kept blaming the lanes for being senget =P. you should've seen the antics at how people throw their bowling balls down the lane. hahaha. takde gaya langsung! like Vick said earlier during our team meeting at the office, just simply chuck the ball and try to hit down all the pins. hahahahah. i think there were some new timers too. a colleague of mine managed to score a consistent 0 until the fifth round. haha. my groupmates were not bad either. Yani's husband was there, hopefully not feeling too bored just sitting there. Bala was exceptionally stunning. he ended up being one of the top scorers. fuiyyo... even though sometimes he threw the ball as if he was trying to break the a hole in the flooring. hahaha. Deb pulak was really overexcited =P. menjerit sakan. but don't play play ok, she won best Female bowler. hahahahah. by the time we wrapped up the night, it was almost 11pm.

don't pray pray... she won Highest Scorer for Female Bowler ok =P

on a spooky note, just before the tournament my colleague Jeff actually posed for a photo with a couple of the trophies. and lo and behold, he managed to win two - one for Runner Up in a group, the other for best Male bowler. wow. talk about de ja vu. i think i should do that next time there's another competition. make sure you pose with the prize, and you're gauranteed a win later. hahahahah.

Vick, Indran, Onnie and Kalyan won First Prize. Hema jokingly mentioned they won it unfairly, because the whole team consisted of all guys. guys, as you know, have exceptional upper arm strength. hihi. Hema complained that they should have been neutralized with at least one female player. i think they wouldn't be able to win if it happened to be so =P~. hmmm. we also should've had a trophy for the Best Longkang Player. hahahaha. you think it's easy to maintain a consistency of 0 and maintain your waterface? =P.

anyway, a couple more photos of the night:

members of 1tec! hahahaha

le group photo

No comments: