May 11, 2009

a mother's love

here's wishing all the mothers out there a happy mother's day! this is my first Mother's Day as a mommy to my naughty 8-month daughter. despite the ups and downs in life, i wouldn't trade being a mommy for anything in the world =).

we even had an early celebration at Significant Other's grandma's house the weekend before. oh, and thanks for the all the sms wishes! thanks to Aya for her wishes as well, lol. i can't believe Significant Other forgot =(. i didn't even go anywhere this Mother's Day. it's bad enough that he's still miles away from home. hmph.

well anyway, i went to my mom's place a day earlier because i was already in the area attending Nolee's wedding in Bangi (congrats to Nolee and hubby, btw. the sago + coconut milk was so delicious, i could polish off the whole thing all by myself =P). i sent Significant Other's car to the car wash first so i arrived quite late at the reception. but Shasha, Ity and Cicak and family were still there. omg Haiqal was one hyperactive kid, running around the hall, popping into occasional group photos of the bride and groom (Cicak was saying to me that they're definitely gonna tag his kid as 'Unknown' in facebook, hahaha).

so i presented Mommy with her early Mother's Day gifts from her children. remember i mentioned earlier i bought something for my mom? my mom was looking for perfume last time but couldn't manage to find any nice sweet smelling ones, anything similar to YSL Roses. so happened to be during my day out to MV, Elizabeth Arden was having a promotion, promoting Mother's Day as well as their new fragrance, Pretty. it was all pinky, and since i wasn't into perfumes yet (i still have my hantaran perfume unopened at home) i thought of getting it for my mom. i bought her a set, which came with a nice mini bag. yay!

Pretty by Elizabeth Arden

on Friday my brother called. he asked me to help him look for a Mother's Day gift for my mom. he gave me a category and a budget and so i had to go hunt for one. jergh. i paling dislike buying presents for people. every year i crack my head thinking of what to get for people, especially for the dads. i tend to buy what i like, and not what they like. haha. so anyway, he asked me to look for a bag for my mom. i initially found a really nice sling bag from pierre cardin, but then my sister mentioned that my mom was looking for a slightly bigger bag to fit all her stuff in (my mom carries junk around like me, hahahaa).

i thought i was already gonna ting tiong tiang when i spotted one decent sized bag from Nine West. it was prefect! although it was slightly bigger to my liking, but at least it looked like it could fit alot of things in there =). heck i was thinking to myself as i was purchasing it, if my mom didn't like the bag she could always give it to me. hahahahha (teruknye). i wanted to get a bag for myself too but after much thinking i decided to wait awhile, probably to see i could get past my crazy mood after a few days has passed. buying on impulse is not good =P. and i just splurged on a pair of pants and a bubble dress at topshop the day before, both 50% off. bags are soo pricey these days, don't you think?

Mommy's present from Abang

tengok tu, Dayana pun sibuk nak excited skali

well, my mom is one lucky mom this year. hehe. i think i'll assign the task of getting something for my dad on Father's Day to my brother pulak. haha.

thank you so much for everything! love you lots, Mommy! xoxo

p/s. aya is the official award giver this year. she said so herself. heehee~

No comments: