April 1, 2009

in love with heels

yesterday i was browsing through one of the blogs i frequently visit when i came across one of the photos that she posted in her blog. in the post she was rambling about heels and how wonderful they are. i personally used to like heels, i have a huge collection of heels in my room but when i got pregnant i stashed them away and traded them for a pair of comfortable crocs. after delivery though, i still stuck to my flats because i don't think i could handle balancing on heels while carrying a wriggling baby, i don't dare to imagine the potential hazards that might happen if i attempt to do so.

anyway, the photo that caught my eye was one of the highest pair of heels i ever saw. and the blog owner was raving about how comfortable they are to wear, which got me curious because i have yet to find a comfy pair of stilettos =P. usually before purchasing a pair of heels, i measure the height of the heel using my index finger. i go by the rule that if the heel is longer than my index finger i won't buy it. because i know that if i do i might break my back if i wear them for a considerable amount of time, or i'll end up stashing it away with my other collection and won't wear them in the end (i also save $$$ indirectly no matter how lovely the pair of heels are, lol). so after a considerable amount of koreking, i found out that the heels that i was into was an edition from 2007 from Eclipse. so obviously the shoes sudah lama extinct. sigh.

i went to the Eclipse boutique anyway during lunch hour to see if there were any nice shoes available, but there wasn't anything i consider nice and unique. so i went to isetan to see if they sold Eclipse shoes there, but they didn't. i browsed in the shoe section until i came across a pair of Guess heels that caught my eye. and i instantly got hooked. i was also following the sister's blog, who had mentioned that her Guess wedges are really comfortable to wear so i wanted to see what the fuss was about. i've never browsed through Guess shoes before because in my mind i'm thinking the price would start from rm300+ on par with Nine West and the rest of the other branded shoes. apparently i was a little misguided. it was love at first sight. sigh.

Guess Millicent Heels

i used to be a huge fan of Vincci. in 2008 i received RM70 rebate from Padini because i spent like mad in 2007. i can't remember how many shoes i bought from them in that year. lol. but this year i only received RM20 rebate for my purchases in 2008 (the year i got pregnant, so no heels for me, haha). this year i only bought one pair of flats from Vincci which i rarely wear because it hurts my feet =(. so now i'm eventually distancing myself from Vincci and moving to other expensive but worth my money in the long run brands (i hope). Charles & Keith has opened its doors in Malaysia but i have yet to try a pair. my colleagues go crazy over this brand whenever their flight transits in Changi. hehe.

anyway, the pair of Guess heels i am currently in love with comes in three colors: white, baby pink and baby blue. my friends suggested to get the pair in white, because they look really gorgeous. i'm only worried about maintaining its 'white'ness. what do you think? =P

Guess Millicent Heels in pink... yummy

it's April Fool's Day today. so far i have yet to hear any pranks being carried out today, which is kinda weird, considering how the radiowaves love to prank people in the past years (think Hitz FM back when Rudy and JJ got into this humungous fight last time). lol.

anyhoo... please don't prank me =P

updated: i rang up every outlet that carried the Guess brand but they were totally out of stock for my size in pink AND white. sigh.

No comments: