March 19, 2009

the lifesaver

i am so grateful for my pouch. i never realized how handy it is to have one until i actually forgot to bring mine during one of my outings with Dayana, just the two of us. and strollers are just not an option for me if it's just me and the baby. the mothercare stroller my pil bought for us is kinda bulky for me to fold and assemble quickly (i doubt Dayana has the patience to wait for me to finish assembling it), and i don't think i have the patience to wait for the elevators each time i wanted to move up or down a floor. i can't imagine why a parent wouldn't get one for themself (be it carrier or stroller, whatever that fancies them).

so there i was, successfully managed to find a parking spot and only realized my pouch was sitting nicely at home in my room, grrr. so i had to carry her around until my arms broke off, what more with a diaper bag to lug around summore *pengsan*. my daughter should roughly be about 6kg by now. i cannot imagine how i would be carrying her once she reaches 8kg and without a carrier of some sort. i think i would've cancelled whatever i had planned if that were to happen, lol. Dayana, of course, couldn't care less just as long as she could go jalan =P.

determined not to waste RM1 worth of parking and gas, we went to La Senza to check out some stuff. to me La Senza is only worth it if you're buying during a sale. you could buy an item worth rm169 for only rm70+ after discount, and that's saving alot. the only thing i dislike about sale is that nice items seem to disappear quick into thin air. imagine me having to juggle her in one hand while browsing through the items on the rack with the other. Dayana also sibuks browsing through the items as well by trying to grab anything on the rack that came within arm's reach T_T. the sales people there were kind enough to offer to hold Dayana while i tried out a few items. surprisingly she didn't even burst out crying, yay. when i was paying there was another customer at the counter who asked me if i could manage or not, or if i had a baby carrier of some sort to use instead of carrying her with my hands. i realized i attract different kind of reactions when i use my pouch, and when i don't use my pouch, haha (although i prefer reactions from the former, babywearing rocks!).

i was about to ring up my former colleague who was working in MV but my mom called instead, asking me if i could come fetch my mom and my sisters at KGNS, they had just arrived from Terengganu via Firefly and they needed transport to get home. i was fine with it; i was about to cut my trip short anyway because i was finding it impossible to juggle a baby (without a baby carrier), a diaper bag and my shopping items all at the same time. before i left i dropped by the money changer, and seriously their rate is quite good. the guy behind the counter also asked me how come i didn't put Dayana in a baby stroller *sigh*. rub it in, why won't you people? i wanted to tapau nasi ayam at the food court but they won't bungkus the soup. wth? who takes away nasi ayam without the soup? jergh. in the end i had to tapau mcD because i was too tired to think of another alternative. i got lost at the parking lot looking for my car because i was at the wrong level. hahaha. stupid.

on wednesday morning i sent mil to LCCT and dropped Dayana at my mom's because i supposedly wanted to carry out some errands. i ended up just doing my hair at USJ. i wanted to cut my hair in a side swept fringe like my bil's girlfriend, but i don't think i can pass off that look. sigh. the hairdresser even commented that my hair is thinning. which is true since lately each time i comb my hair i get lots of strands of hair stuck in my hairbrush. i run my hands through my hair and a couple of strands fall out. my colleague scolded me for doing that one day, she said i would go bald faster that way. haha. i wish that wasn't one of the cons of delivering a baby =(.

gesty =P

today i went to apply for roaming at Pyramid with my sister and Dayana. this time i made sure i had my pouch with me =P. i find it stupid because i called up Maxis yesterday and the guy on the phone told me the main line holder has to do it himself (i'm using supplementary line) so i would need a formal letter from Significant Other to allow me to apply on his behalf. so fine... i prepared the letter, along with the documents needed.... but yet they asked if i could contact Significant Other to verify the request. haiz. he's out of the country for God's sake. and roaming charges are expensive. if you still need to contact him personally, then what's the point of me painstakingly composing the stupid letter for you? jergh. i think it's rubbish. why do they need a copy of the holder's passport anyway? does that mean if you don't own a passport but want to apply for roaming just for fun, you're not able to do so? crap crap crap.

i dragged my sister to La Senza, but i didn't manage to hasut her to buy anything, although she was eyeing this pair of sleep pants her friend owns that i find a bit horrendous looking. haha. i was starting to get hungry (despite having a breakfast of rice + kari ikan, nyum nyum) so i treated my sister to Pizza Hut. i asked her whether she wanted Wendy's or not (i like their chili) but she was afraid the burger bits would get stuck between her braces *pengsan ketawa* so pizza it is. we went to MPH after that to get a book each; my sister bought The Alchemist, while i bought a book on Prophet Muhammad's most favorite wife, Aisyah. i wanted to browse around some more, but it's no fun to shop when you're broke. so we headed home because my dad was about to leave his office and my sister was going to follow him back home. photos stolen from my sistah's blog =P.

my sistah a.k.a. weekend bibik

express nap in Pizza Hut

so fast wakey2

i haven't finished packing yet. actually i have alot of things to complete before my flight leaves tomorrow at noon. i totally forgot to buy avocado for my daughter. i also need to exchange a bit more foreign currency just in case. and drop Dayana at my parent's. it was nice of my bil to offer to send me to LCCT, i just needed to sponsor the gas, lol.

btw, did i tell you about my sweet potato puree story? i bought two of them from Tesco. after washing one thoroughly and chopping it into medium size pieces, i steamed them for 15 minutes and blended away. apparently i could collect five containers full from just one sweet potato. and Dayana seemed to like it. yummy =).

note to myself: Dayana fell off the bed for the first time, on the morning of either the 16th or 17th of March. i had forgotten to place a bolster above your head. Mommy woke up after hearing a loud thud and found you sprawled on your tummy on the floor. luckily you were alright with no bruises, but you wept angrily at Mommy and gave Mommy an accusing look for not looking after you properly =(.

i'm sorry sweetheart! i'm just glad it was nothing serious *sweat*.

No comments: