September 7, 2009

liberated feeling

my shopping obsession sprees... have finally caught up with me.

i went down to Maybank during lunch hour... to cut up a card.
it's been in my possession ever since Dayana was born.
although unused, it posed a potential threat to be utilized to the pathway of doom.
in fact it was literally screaming to be touched. my precious, one would think.

so the easiest solution? dispose of it altogether.
snip snip went the scissors as it expertly sliced the card in half.
you could almost hear the card screaming, pleading for help, begging for your mercy.

it felt soo liberating.
but that was just the beginning.

one down. a whole lot more to go.

3 comments:

farrahar said...

I used to have 4. Then I closed 2 accounts and let the remaining 2 active up till now. And I mostly only pay as per use now. But I haven't really been able to reduce the hutangspiutangs from my previous unthinkable shopping spree in those crazy years.

Anonymous said...

i did the same thing a few years back. just cut up all of my cards and only leave 1 for emergency cases... it's a relief y'kno?!

E`n1x said...

i opened a few with hopes that i'd be doing some travelling with the co. i did - but only that one time to bkk =(
and i swore to be good at the time. guess it's too good to be true, huh.
i wonder how some people handle it.