May 14, 2008

frustrated

how bad can malaysians be these days? yesterday i had to stand in the train for 20 minutes until i managed to get a seat in the ktm. and that seat wasn't even offered, it was vacant only when the occupant got down from the train. i mean, come on people! you don't just simply let an almost 6-month pregnant lady stand for a long period on the train swaying precariously with the back of the seats itself as the only thing to hold on to? i almost toppled over as the train swayed, lurched and jerked as it made its way towards port klang. and mind you, most of the seats were occupied by bloody healthy men, okay. i mean, come on, at 6 months it's hard not to notice that you're pregnant. they simply pretended not to notice. i was lucky i had bought meself a pretzel to eat, and i was lucky enough to have the sense not to bring my laptop home too.

i don't mind standing, really; i've had enough practice throughout my life: during boring school assemblys and the lrt ride to work. just NOT when i'm carrying another being inside of me; i've lost my static point of gravity, for goodness sake. i'm not sure if i've ever fainted before either. i just remembered back in Uni, i was sooo ambitious to follow my friends biking all the way to Taman Maju for the pasar malam, by the time i reached there i was already seeing stars and was this close to collapsing XXD (thanks to the senior that helped bring the bike back, haha).

you know that poster they usually post on the trains that depicts an old person, a handicapped person, a pregnant lady and a mother with kids and wordings that say you should give up your seat to those that need them more than you do? there's a tag line that goes like, 'we care about them', or something like that. i've got a good mind to take a red permanent marker and add in the word DON'T in between the 'we' and 'care'. arrrrggghhh. i had a friend who was pregnant last time who also suffered the same fate as me, she finally plonked herself on the lrt floor because she was too tired to stand until someone actually got up and offered her a seat. teruknye.

Significant Other called me in the train asking me if i managed to get a seat. i told him loudly into the phone that noone even bothered to offer me one, and that people these days have no sense of compassion. i hope those men sitting on their fat arses heard. and i hope that lady beside me was listening too. if they had any good sense in their bones they should be ashamed of themselves. if anything happened to me i would have made them all accountable for it (huh~! that's how annoyed i was yesterday).

if i had brought my camera i would've taken a photo and posted it here to show you the faces of the ignorant ding dongs. i had a good mind to tell the ladies that were sitting down and pretending to be asleep that one day, when they're 7 months pregnant, i hope nobody even bothers to offer you a seat on the train. see how that feels, carrying the extra weight around and nobody bothering to show a sign of sympathy to you. and to the guys, my friend curses you to suffer ED at some point in your life. hah!

come on malaysians. where's the compassion???

p/s. ktm services is getting lousier by the moment. when the heck will this change??? lrt is no better either, but it's a tad better than ktm any day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oops! I meant to post that earlier comment on the other post, tapi tak tau macam mana boleh masuk sini.

I wish I could say I was shocked to hear that no one offered you a seat on board of that KTM, but honestly, I wasn't. Majority of Malaysians are ill-mannered, selfish and inconsiderate. I think it's disgusting that these ppl happened to be healthy, fit men who should by all means gave up their seat to you. Kita selalu kutuk orang putih takde maruah, but tolonglah, if you were on the Tube, there will always be somebody who would offer you a seat, I can attest to that. Malulah Malaysia... esp since they're men, I'd have to say that they probably have no dicks!